My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 2 seconds. If not, visit
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Red Letters Campaign- Travel?

My friend Julie's panic attack sent me into a spiral yesterday. Her list reminded me of a few things I've yet to do. One important thing was to register for Ethiopian Airlines frequent flyer program. I'm working on that this morning.

Julie and I strategized on the phone last night. We threw out all the things that have been circulating in our brains related to where we're going to stay, what our schedule will be like. All that stuff. Not that we actually came to any real decisions last night. We're still working out the details. She is working to get some tickets for herself and her family on the flights Dustin and I will be taking. Hopefully there will still be some available. I am praying they pass court the first time through. SO MUCH has to happen for us to be able to travel together.

We purchased our tickets yesterday. We decided it had to be done. Again. The net cost increase was only $152.00. ($50 of that was the change fee) We feel good about getting our seats reserved before fare increases went up significantly especially in light of only having a few days notice before potential travel. Now, we just need to pass. I have a small amount of confidence because Duni our ET program director will be moving back to Addis Ababa before our court date. I don't know if it will be so, but part of me believes she'll do whatever it takes to get those letters from MOWA over to the courts for us in time.

My packing has been coming along. I've got one large suitcase and two 18 gal containers filled with donations so far. My Christmas shopping hasn't been progressing. I'm in a crunch. We've been scrimping and saving for in country expenses so I haven't really gotten anything accomplished on that front. It's down to the wire. It may be that we are doing shopping on Christmas eve. Ugh, the thought of that makes me feel very tired.

So that's where we are. 2 weeks and 5 days from potential travel.


Zack and Rebecca Caldwell said...

Wowee lady!! It is not too far away! I am praying like mad for all the families!

Suz... said...

19 days!!! Yah!! fingers crossed, heads bowed!

Rob & Candy said...

wow, you've gotten a lot done. I haven't started to pack but I'm 75% done with my Christmas shopping!

Stacey said...

It will all come together Jen! Hang in there and let me know if there is anything at all I can do to help!!

Sassy Granny ... said...

It's so fun being a mouse in the corner as you girls pull this all together. What an amazing adventure you're sharing!


Anonymous said...

I think I may start packing early too instead of my usual.... Maybe I'll shoot for 24-36 hours instead of 10-12 :)
Praying hard and I know God is in control, but would love to go with you guys (at least for the 1st 1/2)