My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 2 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.beboldjen.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, March 29, 2010

On the Dotted Line


A long time ago, Dustin and I told the Lord that if there was no one to be found in Ethiopia to parent A* then a couple, half a world away, would be more than willing; they'd be HONORED!

Dustin and I began this process over eight months ago and WE WILL NEVER STOP. God has made our foreheads like stone in this matter.

After MANY delays in obtaining the necessary paperwork, it is our pleasure to announce that Dustin and I officially cast our lots with A*. While our hearts had already been surrendered to him, we were finally able to sign on the dotted line. YES, YES, YES! We WILL be his parents.

Referral officially accepted!

Because I know you're probably wondering, the time line looks as follows:


  • 1-2 weeks for dossier to be sent to Ethiopia.

  • 4-8 weeks until court

  • After a successful court date (it could take a few attempts) a US immigration investigation will begin which could take anywhere from 2-3 months to complete.

  • All this does not take into consideration any delays we might encounter for A*'s visa waiver.

7 comments:

jeanette said...

congratulations on his referral being official!!

Sydney said...

This is great news. So glad things are moving. Congratulations!
Sydney

Stacey said...

This is the best news I've heard all day! Woohoo!!!!

KLT said...

"...all the stages of my life were spread out before you,
The days of my life all prepared
before I'd even lived one day....

Oh, let me rise in the morning and live always with you!
And please, God, do away with wickedness for good!

...Cross-examine and test me,
get a clear picture of what I'm about;
See for yourself whether I've done anything wrong—
then guide me on the road to eternal life." (Psalm 139 MSG)

So glad you live your life reflects the truth of God's promises! Keep on the road, friends!

Anna said...

Rejoicing with you!!! We will continue to pray for the rest of the process and for the preparation for both A and your family until you are able to bring him home! Hugs and love to you - so glad you are open to Jesus and what He has planned for your family! You are an encouragement!!!

beBOLDjen said...

Thank you, THANK YOU everyone for your comments. God lifts us up so much through prayers and little notes of encouragement. I can't even express how much they mean.

Mark and Wendy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! God is so faithful! It will be such a blessing to see A moved off the waiting child list...though I'll keep coming here to see his sweet little face!