My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 2 seconds. If not, visit
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Good With the Bad

I've got good news and bad news.

So, how do you want it? Bad first? Or good?

Since you're not here to answer me I'm going to go with good first.

I got a call from our social worker. She heard from a clerk at the court that our HS is on our way back there from the commissioner. That implies that it has been approved. The clerk told our SW that she expects to have it returned to our SW by end of next week.


Approved home study= good news.

Okay, strap in my friends. This one's a doozie....

A* contracted Tuberculosis in the orphanage.

And, he'll have to stay in Addis Ababa for six months of treatment before he will be issued a visa by the US government.

I've cried buckets today over that one.

Dustin and I are absolutely crushed for A*. This is nothing we'd ever want for him. We are dealing with much grief and a deep sadness I can't even find the words to describe.

There's even a twisted temptation to feel guilty for not getting to him in time. But we KNOW that God is in control. And so we trust.

Even when it hurts.

Tuberculosis + my son = BAD, bad news.


Heather said...

oh, I'm so so very sorry to hear this! My heart just hurts for little A* and your family.

the Steiger's said...

I am crying with you. I am praying for you and A.

Melissa Juvinall said...

Oh Jen, I am SO sorry. Sending hugs and tears and prayers from IL.

Anonymous said...

Poor little A*!!! Contact Project Hopeful to see if anything can be done about the 6 month wait. Maybe treatment can be done in U.S.?

Sassy Granny ... said...

May our very huge God move this very large mountain! What's more, I'm praying for a miraculous healing ... far sooner than any could possibly anticipate.

My heart aches for you guys.


beBOLDjen said...

I'm not sure about the immigration requirement. Last I had heard the US had removed the ban for children under twelve years old hwo test positive for TB. I was in shock when I spoke w/ our agency on the phone and didn't question why we would have to wait the 6 mos. I have an email into ask them more details about why the delay is necessary. I wondered if it was for the safety of our other kids in the home??

I've got lots of research to do on TB tonight.

ethiHOPEia said...

So sorry to hear this news. I pray the Lord will work all the nitty gritty details out quickly!
The Forrests

Jamey... said...

So sorry. We'll be praying for you all!

Chrissy said...

So sorry Jen.
Hopefully you will find that loophole in all the research you do!!
Surely that can't be the best option for him (or you all!).

Apryl said...

Jen! Audible very slow groan when I read this. I'm so so sorry. Praying that you will find something hopeful as you research and talk to the agency. So much has changed with TB since we adopted Sally--all she needed (though she had TB) was a clear chest x-ray.

Was thinking of you today as I mopped (don't even know why) and wanted to stop in and see how you are doing.

kim said...


I am so sorry to hear about A. We are praying for him and for you all. God is bigger than all this!!


Paul and Sydney said...

I am so sadden by this news about A*. I hate that this has happened to your precious little boy, but love that your faith is not waviering. God still is in control and cares for A* and will watch over and protect him even though you are not there with him. We will be praying for A* and will pray for your peace as you continue to wait.